For more information, please contact us
309A/442A Electrician – Maintenance and Engineering Department
Founded in 1967, Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately-owned steel service center located in Stoney Creek. We are an industry leader when it comes to safety, quality, and customer service. Operating 13 production centers in 4 plants in close proximity, we have an unrivaled concentrated manufacturing capacity. As such, we are able to run a lean engineering and maintenance department to perform repairs, service, and facilitate capital projects.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension and benefits plan; along with training and career development opportunities.
We are currently looking to add an Industrial Electrician to our multi-skilled team.
The successful applicant will have a strong working background with electrical safety, Allen Bradley PLCs, HMIs, VFD and DC drives, small electronics.
Qualifications and Experience
- 309A or 442A Electrician Valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification, with 3+ years’ experience
- Familiar with CSA Z460, Z462, working from heights, aerial work platforms
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
Responsibilities / Skill Requirements
- Good working relationship with other mechanical, electrical and production personnel.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot and analyze electrical problems.
- Ability to make repairs and/or modifications as required under direction of maintenance management.
- Minimize effects of repairs on production activities.
- Have thorough understanding of electrical, electronic, instrumentation equipment.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of applicable codes, legislation and regulations.
- Follow lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Working understanding of PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Conscientious to the importance of documentation and maintaining the electrical drawings.
- Updating daily log as to any corrective actions taken or any issues not resolved on shift.
- Ability to work effectively with external contractors and trades personnel.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotational shifts.
- Understand the importance of preventative maintenance and follows assigned tasks.
- Ability to research and write material requisitions.
- Comply with all company safety policies and adhere to safe work practices.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able and willing to mentor, coach more junior employees and share knowledge with other electricians.
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com or visit our online career centre.