For more information, please contact us
Industrial Millwright – 433A
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. We are industry leaders when it comes to safety, quality, and customer service.
With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With over fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
With 13 production centers in 4 plants in close proximity in Stoney Creek, we have an unrivaled concentrated manufacturing capacity. As such, we are able to run a lean engineering and maintenance department to perform repairs, service, and facilitate capital projects.
We are currently looking to add an Industrial Millwright to our multi-skilled team in Stoney Creek. The successful candidate will perform planned preventive maintenance and emergency repairs, both electrical and mechanical, on production equipment and manufacturing facilities engaged in slitting, cutting to length, and tension levelling of flat-rolled metal.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package with both pension and benefits plans, as well as training and career development opportunities.
- 433A Ontario Certificate of Qualification
- Working at Heights Certification
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Responds to production machine breakdowns as required and effects necessary repairs to maintain machine integrity and productivity.
- Performs repairs, testing and cleaning of mechanical components on production equipment as scheduled in a preventive maintenance program.
- Modifies or enhances mechanical attributes of production equipment as directed or approved.
- Installs various equipment and/or mechanical services (e.g. hydraulics) for machinery and facilities as required.
- Inspect, repair and maintain valves, pumps, hydraulic motors, gearboxes, couplings, bearings and shears
- Strong working knowledge of CSA Z460
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain documentation and navigate computer programs
- 12 hour shifts
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.