For more information, please contact us
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
We have immediate requirements for full-time Packagers. In this role, you will be working as a packager in an industrial flat-rolled steel production environment. You will be responsible for meeting customer-specific packaging requirements with an emphasis on measurement, quality control and finished product inspection.
This position presents a great opportunity to bring your previous manufacturing experience (i.e. automotive; steel sector; packaging), quality control and attention to detail to our team-based environment. Don't have experience packaging in an industrial atmosphere but have a great work ethic? No problem! Taylor Steel has a comprehensive training program designed to help the motivated worker succeed.
Candidates begin their employment as an assignment employee with a Temporary Help Agency.
Taylor Steel offers a competitive compensation package with training and career development opportunities.
- Package steel coils and sheets in an industrial flat-rolled steel production environment
- Meet customer specific packaging requirements with emphasis on measurement, quality control and finished product inspection
- At all times, adhere to Taylor's Steel safety and personal protective equipment policies
- Hands-on mechanical ability with strong attention to detail
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Previous manufacturing and/or industrial packaging experience is preferred
- Direct experience in the steel sector is a definite asset
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Initial employment via a temp agency
- Full-time hours, rotating 12-hour continental shift schedule
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View all of our current job postings in our online career centre.