For more information, please contact us
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately-owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value-added flat-rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With over fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading-edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat-rolled steel industry.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension and benefits plan; along with training and career development opportunities.
We have an immediate requirement for a Maintenance Coordinator at our Stoney Creek, Ontario location.
The Maintenance Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of facility maintenance for all Taylor Steel, Stoney Creek locations. Encompassing building and surface repairs, roofs, plumbing, sewers and HVAC systems. The Maintenance Coordinator will also plan, schedule and ensure completion of inspections and repairs for overhead cranes, lifting equipment, weigh scales, fire protection systems, and HVAC.
- Overhead crane maintenance program
- Prepare and distribute all crane inspection schedules
- Coordinate contractors from multi-trades, ensuring compliance to applicable safety requirements, both legislative and in-house
- Log and expedite all interior and exterior facility repairs and maintenance
- Plan, coordinate and ensure completion of inspections and repairs for all lifting equipment and weigh scales
- Maintain inspection records and certifications of lifting devices, fire protection system and components, weigh scales, building inspections, chains, slings, overhead doors, HVAC systems
- Gather and assemble all production requests for repairs/modifications to non-emergency equipment and present to Maintenance Manager/Supervisor for resolution.
- Production/Maintenance Supervisor for at least 5 years; an Electrical/Mechanical background is an asset
- Self-motivated, with strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable
- Excellent knowledge of industrial, manufacturing environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Communicate and work cooperatively with multiple departments to minimize disruption to daily operations
- Ability to multi-task with proven time management skills
- Working knowledge and practical application of applicable OHSA legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of Fire Protection Act, Ontario Fire Code as it pertains to TSI is an asset
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- 3-month Probationary Review
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline (MM/DD/YYYY): 01/06/2020
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com