For more information, please contact us
Technical Service Coordinator
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
We have requirement in our Customer Service department for a Technical Service Coordinator with a degree in Metallurgy and/or Material Sciences (BEng. Or BSc.). Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will have exceptional written and verbal skills including the ability to write technical reports and communicate professionally with our customers. Preference will be given to candidates with the APEO designation.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
To provide professional guidance and administration of our quality needs in an efficient and timely manner to our customers, suppliers and personnel:
- Establish a sound professional rapport with key suppliers, customer contacts and Taylor personnel
- Daily review of production reports & distribution of non-conforming resolutions to appropriate personnel.
- Timely resolution and disposition of quarantined stock and finished product
- Preparation and execution of Internal audits
- Analysis and inspection of in process and returned material
- Work in conjunction with appropriate personnel in the development of Best Job Practices
- Analysis and approval of customer specs in combination with our equipment capabilities
- Travel as required in support of our customer and sales needs
- 10+ years of experience working in a flat-rolled steel industry
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems in the Construction, Manufacturing and Automotive sectors
- Strong understanding of Service Centre equipment including processing capabilities and limitations
- Degree in Metallurgy and/or Material Sciences (BEng and/or BSc.) or equivalent.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Background in steel material specifications, mechanical testing, ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Three month probationary review
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline : Open
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com.