For more information, please contact us
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. We are industry leaders when it comes to safety, quality, and customer service.
With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With over fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
With 13 production centers in 4 plants in close proximity in Stoney Creek, we have an unrivaled concentrated manufacturing capacity. As such, we are able to run a lean engineering and maintenance department to perform repairs, service, and facilitate capital projects.
We are currently looking to add an Industrial Electrician to our multi-skilled team in Stoney Creek.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package with both pension and benefits plans, as well as training and career development opportunities.
- 309A or 442A Electrician Valid Ontario Certificate of Qualification, with 3+ years’ experience.
- Strong working background with electrical safety.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, HMIs, VFD and DC drives, small electronics.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Good working relationship with other mechanical, electrical and production personnel.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot and analyze electrical problems.
- Ability to make repairs and/or modifications as required under direction of maintenance management.
- Minimize effects of repairs on production activities.
- Have thorough understanding of electrical, electronic, instrumentation equipment.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of applicable codes, legislation and regulations.
- Follow lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Working understanding of PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Conscientious to the importance of documentation and maintaining the electrical drawings.
- Updating daily log as to any corrective actions taken or any issues not resolved on shift.
- Ability to work effectively with external contractors and trades personnel.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotational shifts.
- Understand the importance of preventative maintenance and follows assigned tasks.
- Ability to research and write material requisitions.
- Comply with all company safety policies and adhere to safe work practices.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able and willing to mentor, coach more junior employees and share knowledge with other electricians.
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline : April 27, 2018
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com.