For more information, please contact us
Senior Buyer - Purchasing (Non-Steel)
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately-owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value-added flat-rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With over fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading-edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat-rolled steel industry.
Taylor Steel Inc. is a progressive, customer-driven leader in the flat-rolled steel processing industry, located in Stoney Creek, Ontario.
We have an immediate requirement for a Senior Buyer with a background in steel processing, manufacturing or a production environment. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be an energetic individual that will proactively develop and grow new and existing vendor relationships. Travel within Canada and the U.S. will be required to service our business while providing a face-to-face contact with our suppliers. The successful candidate shall possess exceptional written and verbal skills and be motivated by achieving superior corporate results. Effective communication along with an understanding of the market dynamics will be an asset to the successful candidate.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
- The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services required for our Canadian and US operations.
- Purchase goods and services that meet the company’s specifications and requirements.
- Proactively identify, analyze and grow new and existing vendor opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts for the acquisition of goods and services.
- Achieve procurement and profit targets.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce corporate expenses and improve efficiency.
- Work cooperatively with other Taylor Steel departments to ensure that our customer’s quality, delivery, and steel identification expectations are met.
- Understand all costs associated with material, production time and delivery.
- Working knowledge of technical specifications for raw materials, components, production equipment and buildings.
- Effectively and accurately forecast quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor vendor service/quality and resolve related issues.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in manufacturing/production/steel industry
- Must have the PMAC certificate in Purchasing or CPP designation or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills, as well as working experience of procurement and vendor management software
- University degree (3 or 4 years) or College diploma
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, passionate, possess strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to legally travel across the Canada / US borders
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- 3-month Probationary Review
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/06/2019
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com