For more information, please contact us
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately-owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading-edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
We have an immediate requirement in our Information Systems Group for an Application Developer. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will possess excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills, and will be motivated by achieving superior results. This is an ideal position for someone who is completing their university or college studies this year.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, and benefits plan, with training and career development opportunities.
Begin your IT career as part of our small team of application developers, providing the company with a secure, reliable, flexible, and effective computing platform. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the migration of the company’s legacy ERP system from character to GUI.
- Extend and enhance the company’s ERP system while following established standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the review, development, and modification of best practices and technical solutions.
- Work with our employees and trading partners to identify opportunities for improvement and play a key role in implementing those solutions.
- Provide software technical support by participating in a software help desk rotation.
- Provide after-hours technical support by participating in an on-call rotation.
- University degree or College diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- A good understanding of object-oriented design patterns.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, possessing strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with Progress Software’s OpenEdge GUI for .NET platform is an asset but not required.
- Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
- 3 month probationary review
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2019
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to email@example.com.