For more information, please contact us
Automotive Field Sales - Account Manager
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
We have an immediate requirement in our Automotive Sales Department for an energetic individual with a background in Automotive Sales. The successful candidate will proactively develop and grow new and existing relationships within the OEM and Transplant manufacturing markets. Travel within Canada and the U.S. will be required to service this market while providing a face-to-face contact for our customers. Effective communication along with an understanding of the market dynamics will be an asset to the successful candidate.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
To service and expand current customer volume and develop new customers at acceptable profit levels and according to customer specifications.
- Proactively identify, analyze and grow new and existing opportunities.
- Achieve sales and profit targets.
- Ensure that stocking and shipment of inventory (raw and finished) satisfies both customer and company objectives.
- Work cooperatively with other Taylor Steel departments to ensure that our customer’s quality, delivery, and steel identification expectations are met.
- Understanding of all costs associated with material, production time and delivery.
- Working knowledge of all production line capabilities and material specifications.
- Pricing strategies consistent with market levels, competitor analysis, costs and company objectives.
- Sales and/or account management experience within the Steel industry
- University degree (3 or 4 years) or College diploma
- Exceptional written, verbal skills and computer skills
- Self-motivated, passionate, possessing strong leadership, communication and analytical skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s Licence
- Must be able to legally travel across the Canada / US borders
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Application Deadline : February 9, 2017
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.