For more information, please contact us
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
Within our Accounting Department we are looking for an energetic individual to fill the position of Credit Analyst. Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
- Assess and monitor credit risk associated with new and existing accounts;
- Establish and approve limits and payment terms in accordance with credit policy and authorization level;
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts and be responsible for ensuring that credit files are maintained in accordance with credit policy requirements;
- Ensure account balances are collected within terms and past due accounts are contacted and collected in a timely manner;
- Work closely with other departments as appropriate (sales, customer service, quality) to resolve customer claims and deductions in a timely manner;
- Advise management of the status of all account balances, deductions and disputes;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external contacts or customers;
- Provide workflow and backup support to other members of the department to ensure timely and accurate completion of all credit functions.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred;
- Enrollment or interest in credit and collections professional designation;
- Knowledge of credit and collections principles, processes, regulations and standards;
- Proficiency with technology (various accounting packages, Excel, and Word);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and works well with little supervision.
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Three month probationary review
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com.