For more information, please contact us
Invoicing & Accounting Clerk
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
Within our Accounting Department we are looking for an energetic individual to fill the position of Invoicing and Accounting Clerk.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
- Accumulate and validate information required to ensure timely and accurate invoicing for a variety of different revenues streams (goods and services);
- Generate, enter and submit invoices by various methods, including electronic data interchange and the use of customer invoicing web sites / portals;
- Work closely with sales, customer service and information technology personnel to ensure prompt communication and resolution of billing issues and customer queries;
- Monitor the status of customer agreements to ensure invoicing is in conformance with established commercial terms;
- Ensure invoicing data and supporting documentation is organized, accurate, complete and readily accessible in accordance with data retention policies;
- Participate in the development and improvement of operational controls, procedures and efficiencies;
- Provide workflow and backup support to other members of the department to ensure timely and accurate completion of all accounting functions.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Proficiency with technology (various accounting packages, Excel, and Word);
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and works well with little supervision.
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Three month probationary review
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.