For more information, please contact us
Accounts Payable Administrator
Taylor Steel Inc. is a privately owned Steel Service Center that sells and processes high quality, value added flat rolled steel to customers throughout North America. With facilities in both the United States and Canada, Taylor Steel operates out of six different plants with eighteen processing lines and a corporate throughput of over two million tons. With fifty years of success, our focus on people, quality, service and our continued commitment to innovative and leading edge technology has made Taylor Steel a leader in the North American flat rolled steel industry.
Within our Accounting Department we are looking for an energetic individual to fill the position of Accounts Payable Administrator.
Taylor Steel offers an excellent compensation package consisting of salary, pension, benefits plan with training and career development opportunities.
- Match supplier invoices and employee expense reports to supporting documentation and authorization(s);
- Ensure appropriate general ledger coding of all invoices and expense reports to facilitate accurate accounting of expenditures for financial reporting and analysis;
- Promptly notify appropriate personnel of any discrepancies identified in processing supplier invoices;
- Execute reconciliation of supplier statements and resolve discrepancies and issues as required;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders through ongoing communication and timely resolution of inquiries and issues;
- Prepare payments to vendors for management approval by way of cheque, wire payment or EFT;
- Assist with month-end accruals and reporting, financial analysis and the preparation of audit requirements;
- Participate in the development and improvement of operational controls, procedures and efficiencies;
- Provide workflow and backup support to other members of the department to ensure timely and accurate completion of all accounting functions.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Proficiency with technology (various accounting packages, Excel, and Word);
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and works well with little supervision.
- Job Location (city): Stoney Creek, Ontario
- Three month probationary review
- Only Applicants under consideration will be contacted
Taylor Steel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.